Or:

...from baby food to toddler food to family food!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baby Omelette!

After browsing through the "100 Baby-Led Weaning Recipes" included in my last post, I was inspired by the Scrambled Egg Yolks recipe.  Here is my version:


Oat & Spinach Omlette
1 raw egg yolk
a little brestmilk (or formula, water, juice, milk, liquidy puree)
2 chopped baby spinach leaves
about 1 Tbsp ground whole oats
a dash of fresh ground pepper
olive oil

Whisk these all together and cook flat like a pancake in pan with olive oil (or butter, canola oil) over medium-low heat. Flip once.


I cut the little omelette into 10 pieces.  For babies under the age of 1, a serving size is 1/2 a yolk, so at William's next meal I plan to give him 5 pieces of the omelette.  I'll let you know what he thinks about it. Looks good to me! If it didn't have breastmilk in it I'd eat it myself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment